2 minutes ago
Kanye “Yeh” will no longer be the title of the West and Cochela Music Festival. According to multiple reports, the 44-year-old Grammy-winning musician has moved away from the April 17 and April 24 event dates in Indio, California.
TMZ Was the first to report the news.
West has not yet publicly spoken about his decision to back out, but he was scheduled to headline the event with Billy Ilish and Harry Styles. He had earlier mentioned bringing Travis Scott to the stage during his show, marking the first large-scale performance of “Goosebumps” rapper since the Astroworld tragedy in February.
After the tragedy, in which 10 fans lost their lives, West Kochler replaced Bill Scott. However, when Billy did not apologize to Ellis Scott, West threatened to pull the plug on his performance, which West thought was a misleading one.
In a deleted Instagram post, West called the “Happy Than Ever” singer after a video of her closing her show to give a fan an inhaler went viral. In the clip, Hilsa tells the crowd, “People wait for me to get well before I continue.”
West went on Instagram to express his concerns with the 20-year-old pop star. “Come on Billy we love you,” the 44-year-old wrote. “Please apologize to Trav and the families of those who lost their lives. No one intended it to happen. Trav had no idea what was going on when he was on stage and was deeply hurt by what happened and yes Trav will be with me at Cochlela but now I have to apologize to Billy before I can perform. “
Hilsa later responded to the comment, writing, “Literally never said anything about Travis. Just helping a fan.”
It has not been confirmed whether Hilsa has apologized.
West’s social media presence has caused a stir since it was announced that he would take the stage in Cochlea. The “famous” rapper was barred from performing at the Grammys after a post directed by host Trevor Noah; He used Twitter to ask questions about the parents of his ex, Kim Kardashian; And she has jabbed her boyfriend Pete Davidson.
Last week, a source told ET that West had told Kardashian that he was “going away to get help” and that he would stop online attacks against her and her boyfriend.
“In the interests of their children, Kanye told Kim that he was not making any public appearances or inflammatory social media statements, and that he would go somewhere to get better,” the source said.
It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post.
“At the moment, Yeh is committed to a healthy co-parental relationship with Kim and is focusing on raising their beautiful children,” a West representative told ET.
More from ET:
Kanye West tells Kardashian ‘he’s going away for help’: source
Machine gun Kelly reveals if Pete Davidson would be his best man
‘The Kardashians’ trailer: Kim says relationship with Kanye West is ‘really tough’
Kim Kardashian is trying to ‘distance’ herself from Kanye West’s drama